Friday, September 5, 2008

What's with sleeping?

Seriously, what gene is missing in our family that makes us stay awake for hours on end night after night after night.

Here is an average night...since as far back as my memory goes. YES, I do remember staying up half the night when I was 5 or 6 years old. Maybe the massive memory quality links to the non sleeping thing too. Hmmmm....this is boring, I think I'll interject a picture of me the last time I slept through the night.



zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Night time thoughts...feel free to add your own...


- did I remember milk when I went to the store? Oh yeah, I bought that.


-wait...did I need milk? Did I put it away? I don't remember seeing it when I unloaded groceries.


-Danggit...is that a moth? Why is there a moth in here? I wonder if it came through the air conditioner. Maybe I'll turn the tv on and it will be attracted to the light.


- Dude, I've seen this episode of Will and Grace like a million times, I love this one. It's so clever, but I guess it wouldn't make sense if you haven't seen "The Sound of Music". Why does Grace have a moustache? OHHHHH that's the moth. I wonder how you spell moustache...I should turn the computer on and type in into a word document and let it fix it for me.


- Kill moth, step on hot wheels car, stub toe on dresser...fall back into bed.


- I should turn the tv off...the moth is dead. Well, it's only 1:15am I might as well stay up until 1:30.


- Was that the cat? Why is she so noisy? She's a cat for crying out loud, be fleet footed already you fat cow. I wonder if cow's are smart? They don't look smart. At least Maggie LOOKS smart, but she's probably stupid.


- Ohhhhh WHY do they start the next episode of Will and Grace without putting a commercial in between? Now I HAVE to watch it...I like this Fanilow episode. Ha, I remember when "Mandy" came out and was a new song. I think I was in Jr. High. Janine used to listen to Y-103 non stop and I remember hearing it anyhow.


- I wonder if Micah is buying lunch tomorrow or packing. He's so picky!


- I wonder if Alex is awake. I used to catch her up at all hours of the night reading books or making doll clothes out of Kleenex for her barbies....man, I had the coolest Barbie Jet. I wonder what happened to that? I wish mom had saved our old toys. I would love to have my old Bionic woman doll and her car...but those wires in the car never hooked up to her arm like they were supposed to. that was so frustrating!! Is is so hard to make toys that work? Sheesh!!


- great...now I've been up long enough that I need to go to the bathroom again.


Eventually...sleep wins and I doze off. But what a pointless conversation I have with myself on a weekly basis. How about you? I KNOW Allie is up planning on places to store her cell phone in case of a water landing. LOL


Oh my gosh, ALLLLISON...I stayed up the other night planning exactly what I would take and how I would pack it up if we were ever evacuated for a tornado or hurricane or fire. I'm so ready now...in my mind. :)


Vita...will you do my hair?

4 comments:

Allison said...

LOL!!! All night after I talked to you I thought about the possible reasons why we all stay up late at night (until almost 4am). I fought the urge to get onto my computer or call you. I kept thinking I should call you since I knew you'd be up. I was watching Home Improvement and Animal Cops. Those are my nighttime shows of choice. I also enjoy the second viewing of the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Crazy... all of our spouses or significant others sleep like rocks... most of them go to bed early (like Dad). We must have all gotten it from Mom because she hardly ever sleeps. What other 60+ woman do you know who stays up past 1am almost every night. We should try and do Dr. Mario at 11pm instead of 3. Why fight it. We know we'll be up anyway.

Allison said...

Oh and aren't you so glad you have disaster plans now?! You will look like a HERO when the time comes and you know exactly what to tell everyone to get, where it is, where to meet... they'll be thankful for your leadership. At least that's how I imagine it all the time hahaha.

Michelle said...

Not only do I have natural disaster emergency plans, but in my motherhood years I have also stayed up at night and made these plans:

- Where to hide if I am upstairs and an inturder enters the house.
- Where to hide if I am downstairs.
- What to do if a tree falls on various locations of my hous.
- How to fight the mysterious man with a knife that could enter my room at any moment.
- What to do if I hear a theif breaking into my neighbors car..

Should I go on?

Babs Haake said...

I stayed up till almost 4:30am last night. I have no idea why, but I just stayed in bed. Nothing on tv, but my brain kept me going. I don't remember drinking any coffee, there was no wine in the house, so maybe that is why I couldn't relax...who knows...but I finally fell asleep and then I sleep like a log. I woke up with the drool and the caked eyes and that totally yucky feeling that morning brings. And now...I'm wide awake again. Maybe we were supposed to be on another continent where it is daytime now.