Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Typical morning

Jake is such a character...he really is "different".

This is my morning with Jake far.

7:30 - Wakes me up by coming into my room with a prescription tube of cream for his eczema. "Mom put this on my arm because I think bugs are crawling on my skin and making me itch".

I go downstairs and ask what he wants for breakfast. He answers me with , "Bleep blorp" because he is wearing a soccer ball Easter basket on his head as a helmet and apparently he is now an alien astronaut. Then he says, "Hey mom, can I wear this for Halloween? Can we go to Shelby's house today and tell her it's Halloween and then she can give us candy".
Me - "you can wear that for Halloween, but we are not going to lie to Shelby and make her give you candy. You just have to wait until Halloween".
Jake- "okay, but do you think they sell Austin costumes?"
Me - " Now you want to be a backyardigan? I thought you wanted to wear that soccer ball on your head?"
Jake- "I do! I am going to be Austin soccer ball head martian".

I get the child some cereal and come upstairs to read email. He pops back up here pretty quickly and proceeds to tell me that I am required to give him "ten thousand one hundred million fifty six dollars" when he scores a goal tonight at soccer. Whatever!
Then he goes onto his tirade of questions that require no answer, nor does he wait for a response.

- I am going to play for the Indians. I'm a good batter.
- Do I need a blue bat or a brown one?
- I think I'll play for the Dodgers too because I miss Casey Blake.
- Is it winter? It's cold outside (yells out the window, "hello winter")
-Mom, can we go outside when it's cold?
- Is Alex coming to my game tonight? She will give me 26 billion dollars for every goal and then I am buying toys and a cool shirt.
-Logan has a Wii , but he doesn't play it because his mom said he's little.
- I am getting bigger cuz I drank milk today.
- what color is my tongue?
- If I lived in Bikini bottom I would be spongebob and you can be one of the fish in the Krusty Krab and I will make you a Krabby Patty.
- Dad can be Squidward, but he never eats so I am not cooking for him.
- what time is it?
- When's my game? Can we go now and wait?

Suddenly he leaves the room and comes back dressed in his soccer uniform. The game is only 9 hours away...tick tock...

- Mom, I am scoring a lot a lot a lot a lot of goals tonight.
- I think it's warmer now, can we go outside and play soccer?
- I think you are pretty. (his form of bribery I guess)
- How do you spell Noah? Is it N O? His name says "no"...hhhaaahahaa
- I don't want to spell Haliegh cuz it's to big, but I can spell Alex, A - l - e- x
- I can do a better cartwheel than Mikaela, but Alex does a better one than me
- I'm gonna go watch tv

Sheesh....that is like in 10 minutes time with a lot of swinging a bat, jumping on the bed and kicking a ball mixed in. He's so silly, that child. I'm sure anyone else with a child under the age of 8 can relate. Your ears get tired!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

LOL!! Now I have to do a morning with Noah too :)

Michelle said...

I'm sure that Alex and Caleb did that too, but I didn't appreciate it I guess. Micah wasn't a chatterbox and he's not changed very much. Unless you get him talking about sports that is!
Jake is seriously funny. On the way home from the store just now he said, "mom, those things that tickle your skin and make you itch are called "can'tseethem's"."