Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Tatebe's

Before I begin...there are 2 new video's to watch in my youtube bar. One of them was taken immediately after Jake lost his first tooth. It's pretty short. The other are my 4 kids playing Rock Band together while waiting for dinner on Thanksgiving day.




Almost everyone took part in helping cook dinner this year. Alex chopped up all the onions and celery for the stuffing, Micah made pumpkin pies, Caleb chopped up the veggies and Jake helped in whatever way he could. I let him dump the stuffing bags into the big bowl and peel an onion. LOL

Caleb felt that it was imperative to use his latex gloves from work because "squash and zucchini are deadly". Hey, those are HIS exact words. He made a wonderful light dish of broiled zucchini and yellow squash. We were trying to think of a new vegetable to serve this year and he suggested making that. I loved it!

Several years ago I found Indian and Pilgrim hats in a dollar store. We get them out every Thanksgiving and everyone will take a turn wearing them at some point throughout the day. It's just silly fun!! Here is Alex showing off her "style" as she prepares to baste the turkey.


Micah wore his Indian feathers while he played Rock Band. He must be part of the Village People. LOL Now that I think about it...most of the time they pick the Indian feathers over the Pilgrim hat. tsk tsk

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....dinner was finally done and we all gathered around our fancy table and enjoyed a wonderfully delicious feast. We stuffed ourselves and then fought over the couches so we could lay down and moan about eating to much.

Happy Thanksgiving!! This picture is priceless...I can't believe Tilden let me take it. heeheee


3 comments:

Allison said...

Love the new layout! I'd love to try that zucchini bake. Ben made one once with fresh Italian cheeses... it was soooooo good. Too bad Josh doesn't like veggies :/

Allison said...

Oh and I love the new videos :) Jake is such a great little helper with the laundry! I was going to call Noah over to watch and then I thought "maybe that's not a good idea" hahahaha. Boys are fun :)

Michelle said...

Thanks...I took that picture in Feb. this past year of the creek in mom's back yard. :)