I have all of my Christmas shopping done!! Well, at least I think that I do, but I am sure that when I wrap all these presents I will notice that someone has less than the rest and I will have to go even out the loot. LOL
I let Jake pick out whatever he wanted to buy for Alex's birthday. He is so funny! Last year he got her one of those bike license plates that says "Alex" on it and he was certain that it was a Wal-Mart gift card. We laughed so hard when he gave it to her. Hey, he was being sincere...heehee. However, he does not have the "spirit of giving" because he is all about himself when we go shopping. I guess that will come in time.
Micah has Christmas money to spend this year. I've taken him shopping twice and it's like taking a card board cut out of Micah to the store. He says nothing, he makes no expressions, and he has no opinions. I get exhausted from the constant..."Micah, what do you WANT to buy?" dialog. He always shrugs his shoulders and says nothing. I forced Tilden and Micah to come with me to kraynak's yesterday because I wanted to buy stocking stuffers and I knew that Micah still needed to get gifts for most of his siblings. It was super crowded there and I suddenly realized something... Micah is exactly like his dad when it comes to shopping!! They both hovered close to me as if I was their guide in a foreign land. Neither of them had any advice or opinions, but if I asked them to specifically look for something they were helpful. At one point I actually had to ask them to STEP BACK because they were hovering so close to me that I couldn't even see the stuff on the shelves. Tilden could only say a few phrases while we were there and I heard them over and over. "People are crazy", "why is it so crowded?" and "are you almost done?".
We went to Quaker Steak and Lube afterwards and the many tv sets were playing the Sunday football games. Suddenly , Micah and Tilden became extremely interested in their surroundings and could carry on a lengthy conversation. However, those conversations were all football based. Who is injured, who is going to win today, who is getting the best draft pick. They were all smiles and chipper. NOTHING like the 2 "men" who just went shopping with me. I am convinced that all stores have some type of force surrounding them that sucks the willpower and the brain from the male human. They can't think or react while in the store, but once they leave their full powers of thought are restored.
I MISS ALEX!!! I am not a real 'girl" when it comes to shopping. I don't delight in the whole process nor do I care to browse and stay longer than needed, but at least my brain works. LOL I go with a mission in mind and I follow through with that mission...even if it means hitting 3 or 4 stores to find the item I was looking for. I don't think that I will make the boys go shopping with me anymore. In fact, I am going to make Tilden take Micah Christmas shopping. It won't frustrate me and they will both be happier, LOL.
1 comment:
... and everyone will get a best buy gift card ;) Congrats on getting it all done! I just spent a surprising $35 at the dollar store for fun stocking stuffers. Noah was so distracted with all the crap in there he didn't notice what I put into the cart. Yay!
Josh likes shopping more than I do. I hate crowds of people and I tend to get really grumpy. HOWEVER, I do still maintain my higher brain functions. Some crowds are fine, but if it's like a Wal-Mart crowd I freak out. I think a Kraynak's crowd would have been just fine. I probably would have talked to people (like Mom). :) Right now I am having trouble just remembering what I'm looking for because I have a baby sucking all my memory out somehow.
Post a Comment