Monday, December 1, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

Another classic Jake moment...
I made 4 pumpkin pies on Wednesday. Two for us and two for my parents. Traditionally we cut them on Thanksgiving morning and eat pie w hile we watch the parade. I had them on the kitchen table cooling and Jake kept asking me when he could eat a pumpkin pie. I told him to wait until tomorrow morning when the parade was on and he could eat some for breakfast. Frankly, I was tired from cooking most of the day and my feet hurt so I didn't want to deal with all his demands. Well, I went into the kitchen later and the center of a pie was eaten away with his little grubby finger prints all over the place! I called him into the kitchen and he said, "that wasn't ME!". Little liar! LOL Know what I did? I cut the pie up and gave him a piece. What was the point in punishing him? His eyes were huge as I got the knife to cut the pie and he said, "WHAT are you gonna do with that?". As if I were Freddy Kruger or some other crazy person, LOL. He had to smell those pies all day long and he just couldn't stand it...the damage was done already. No sense in getting into a fight over something a 5 year old did. I DID yell at him a little bit and told him to NEVER do that again. He said, "I'll try mom, but they are to good to just smell". HAHAHAHA. After he ate his pie I said, "Jake you better never destroy a pie like that again. That was very naughty." He looked at me with his tiny innocent face and said, "it wasn't me!". Man! He is going to be TROUBLE when he's a teenager.

No comments: