Yesterday was Jacob's first gymnastics class. I took him to the gym that Alex competed for all those years and she is still working there...OGI.
The class is relatively new, so there are only 3 kids in there right now and there is no waiting around to take your turn on something...plus they have 2 teachers! LOL
Jacob went right in there without missing a beat because he saw Alex in there coaching another group. He was flat out AMAZING and I couldn't help but laugh out loud several times at his "Jacobness". The first thing that they did was to try some stuff out on the vault. There was a system set up where they first jumped up on a high mat via a mini springboard and then onto the big vault with the bigger springboard. The 2 little girls struggled a bit to get up there , but not Jake...he popped off that springboard as if we have one in every room at home and he is soooo used to using it. He was standing on top of the vault - which was pretty high off the ground - and his teacher said, "can you do a tuck jump off of here?". He said, "sure" and then did a Brani off the vault!! It's kind of like a front tuck but has a twist in it. He landed on the mat sideways and jumped right up and said, "oops, let me try that again cuz I can land on my feet sometimes". LOL Both teachers yelled, "NOOOO!". Every single parent in the waiting room saw it and were saying, "did you just see that little boy do a front tuck off the vault, oh my gosh". Alex was in the gym cracking up and her friend Lauren walked over to the parents and said, "that is Alex's little brother, obviously she's been working with him". LOL
He just hopped around the entire hour and did every single activity with precision and flair. Oh,.... AND he has a toe point that Alex used to dream about! hahaha When the class was over Jacob refused to leave the floor. His teacher said, "but we are done now Jake" and he said, "but we didn't get to run yet"...whatever!! He's so weird. When we were leaving he said, "can I come back tomorrow?" and when he got up today he said, "six more days til gin nastics". I'm so glad that he started off like himself. He was outgoing and spontaneous and FUN. YAY for Jake!
3 comments:
I am so excited to see how much he progresses in this class. He's going to be awesome... just like Alex. It's great he's so fearless right now, and you've been through it already so you're pretty fearless too ;) I bet the other Mom's were having heart attacks in there when they saw him flip and fall. And you were just like... ::sigh:: I can't believe he missed the landing hahaha.
HOW CUTE! I can't wait for photos and videos :)
I was so mad that I didn't bring my camera with me, but I figured he was going to cry his first class. LOL I didn't want to lug it around for THAT!
Post a Comment