Sunday, October 26, 2008

pictures by Jake

I got Jacob a Little Tykes digital camera for Christmas last year. It was one of those hard to pass up deals on "black Friday". How could I resist a 60.00 camera for only 25.00? LOL This poor camera has been dropped no less than 50 times in the past year as well as being smashed under the couch and wedged under the treadmill. Jacob wasn't that to interested in it on Christmas morning, but a few months later he decided that it was pretty fun. I toss it in the toy box all the time and will find it on the floor somewhere in the house a few days later. He LOVES to take pictures of the living room rug. In fact, when I was uploading all his pictures today I noticed that this one would have been perfect for the family scavenger hunt - shapes.


Micah has taken several pictures of Jake with this camera , but most of the pictures were taken by Jake himself. Some of them are awesome , but most are silly nonsense...just like the boy himself. LOL This camera doesn't boast large mega pixel capacity or tons of storage, but it's perfect for a child and will give you a glimpse into the mind and day of a 4 -5 year old. I think that I will get him a better camera in a few years because he really LOVES taking pictures. These are his best buddies...all lined up and "smiling "....I busted out laughing when I saw it.

I uploaded his whole camera memory to myphoto album online. He has his own folder over there if you feel like scrolling through some pictures. They are kind of neat. There is a whole series of his own feet while he was sitting in the back of Alex's car. I have only let him take the camera with him one time, but after going through his film I think that I need to allow him to take it out more often. He got some pretty interesting pictures on his drive.


My favorite picture is this one because he was trying to take a picture of the "happy birthday " sign on the fence. I am not sure why, but I really like it...maybe it is the crappy old garage in the background or the fact that he was so happy to see that sign on the fence. It just made me say...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. LOL Go have a look at his pictures, you won't be sorry that you did!


1 comment:

Allison said...

I forgot to comment on this one too?! WHAT THE HECK!

I love his photos. They're oh so dramatic... I'll have to check out all his others.