Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn leaves

"Happy Autumn"


I took Jake for a walk 2 days ago just to take pictures and show all my "southern" sisters what it currently looks like in Warren. These shots are from around my house and I made sure to take a wee video clip of the SOUND of fall...you know what I mean don't you? Crunch crunch crunch. You can see in this first picture that some of the trees are at that really cool stage where they are still green on the bottom, but orange, yellow and red at the top. I love it when you can find a single leaf that has all 3 colors .

This was Jake jumping up to grab the perfect leaf to show Noah. He jumped up and down at least 5 times before he could grab it. LOL





And here is "Noah's leaf"....a lovely shade of red. :)

The weather is perfectly blissful right now. We are having cool nights and sunny days in the low 70's. The leaves are so brilliant against the bright blue sky right now. I think it's going to be at it's peak for the fall colors this weekend. I am taking Micah and Jake to Mill Creek Park on Friday to hike around and enjoy the beauty. Fall is like nothing else, sometimes I think it's why God gave us eyes. How can you not marvel at a tree that goes from green to brilliant orange literally overnight? It's awesome! I wish you all were here!! When you go outside there is that very distinct "fall" smell. You know the one? It's kind of a dry dead leaf smell, which sounds gross when I say it that way, but it's soooo distinct and I am sure that you all know that I am talking about. The only bad thing about this time of year is those darn yellow jackets. They come out in full force this time of year...remember how they used to be attracted to the pumpkins when we painted them? Silly bees! I guess we have to accept the good with the bad, huh? Turn up the volume and listen to the crunchy leaves! Pretty soon the entire sidewalk will be covered as well as most of the yard.


3 comments:

Allison said...

Thanks for the video! I was watching and I swear I could smell Fall for a second there :) Man, I miss Ohio right now! I'm so glad we're going to be there for Thanksgiving :D

Allison said...

Oh and I love finding leaves with all the different colors in one... those are the prettiest. I used to collect them (because I collect everything haha). Tell Jake Noah love's the red leaf!

Nerdular said...

I MISS FALL SO MUCH!!!!! Brandon claims that there's a park nearby where the leaves change like they do up north. That remains to be seen. BUT... I know that even if it does have pretty leaves, it doesn't "feel" like fall here. It's still warm!

He carved a pumpkin the other day though that's sitting in front of our apartment. I need to get a pic of it. :)