Saturday, November 1, 2008

A pumpkin picture story


Alex came home to carve pumpkins with Micah this week. Here is our evening, best told in pictures.

Jacob couldn't use a knife....ok...welll he probably COULD , but I most definitely didn't want him to. He drew all over his pumpkin and decided that it should wear a mask.
Then he decided that he should color the mask...and wear it himself.



Alex's pumpkin came out very cute...and looks "spooky" when the lights are off.




Micah's pumpkin weighed in at a hefty 37 pounds!! It was nearly impossible to cut because the skin was so thick. Micah broke one of those pumpkin carving saws on this monster and had to resort to using a steak knife! LOL It came out pretty good, considering the struggle he had with it.




Jacob was pretty proud of his "fat mouth Jacob" pumpkin. LOL






I took a few little video clips of our night and you can view that youtube video on the sidebar in here. Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I can't believe I forgot to comment!! I LOVE the fat mouth Jacob pumpkin, especially since he's kinda making the same face in the photo. Alex and Micah did a great job too. My carving pumpkin never got carved because it immediately rotted before I had a chance :/

Vita2sie said...

Hi Shelly, I enjoyed checking out your Blog. Great job. Keep up the good work. Aunt Vita