
I was listening to a CD study on the book of Ruth today and I just had to share this part with you...basically paraphrased in my own words.
We've heard that Jesus is our Kinsman redeemer, but do you know what the role of a Kinsman redeemer was in the Old Testament? Read carefully these 3 specific jobs of a Kinsman redeemer and praise Him for the role He takes in our own life as He does these things. Not only can He redeem your life, but He can redeem anything and everything about your life.
- Insured hereditary property stays in the family.
So....any "ground" that you've surrendered to the enemy is still "in the family". Anything you've forfeited to sin or the inability to withstand a storm, you've never lost that ground. Our Kinsman redeemer has it and we merely need to ask for Him to restore it to us. It's not lost forever and it never was.
- Bought back family members who have sold themselves into slavery.
Duh! Do we even need to explain that one? LOL If you've sold yourself into "slavery" over some sin ....you don't have to be there. A redeemer could set someone free from slavery, but they could never make them leave. They had to WANT to leave. He will set us free, but it's up to us to leave.
- The avenger of crimes against any near relatives.
He WILL handle it. Nobody gets away with anything. He will avenge the wrongs done to you because He is our Kinsman Redeemer. I love that He will avenge the crimes done to us. He won't forget...that's part of the "redeemers" job. It's not OUR job, so just walk away and be free of that burden.
I thought that was all pretty "neat" and I felt like sharing it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment