He is starting Varsity for the High school soccer team and a part of the WGH Raider Marching band. He's a pretty cool character.
Jake is now a big time first grader. Maturity-wise that is the best place for him, but intellectually, he's so far beyond grade level. At the end of Kindergarten he was reading at a 4th grade level and spelling at a 5th grade level. He's another little "Tatebe smartie". I guess all that TV watching paid off for my kids and made them smarter, LOL. He is an exceptional soccer player and even though he is technically a U-7 level player he is playing competitive U-10. I don't know how far he will go with his love for soccer, but right now that is his entire life. He is playing with a team called "Soccer Vision Academy" and loving every single minute of his time at practice or in games. He is a phenom with this sport and can do all sorts of moves that boggle the mind. His coach calls him "the little magician". He was doing a "roulette" when I took this picture. He spun the ball around the opponent and just kept on running.

I am now officially an educational aid substitute in our school system. I was hoping to get called to sub as a Kindergarten aid, but they link the job in with MHD and LD classrooms. I did my first day of subbing this week with a class full of autistic and developmentally handicapped children. It was a very rough day! LOL I could never do that for a living. It is so extremely stressful. Hopefully, my next call is for good old Kindergarten!
2 comments:
nice to see you again! ;) I bet that was frustrating! I hope you get a call to work with good old kindergarten too. I think I would just be angry/sad all day (depending on the situation)... angry at the parents, not the kids. Noah's new teacher graduated as an LD/MHD teacher and is trained in speech therapy so I'm excited for what she can offer. Sounds like you guys are doing great! I'm proud of Micah and Jake for all their accomplishments. They are growing up to be some amazing people, just like Caleb and Alex. Love you guys!
I guess you were "tested by fire" I think you made it and will have a few more tests before this is over and learn a lot in the process. Good for you and wonderful for the kids. They will love you and I know you will love them. All kids would be blessed to have a Michelle as a sub.
Post a Comment