Wednesday, July 1, 2009

YAY me!

Garmin 255W

I used my mom's Garmin twice in June and I loved it...even though I am perfectly capable of printing a map off MapQuest and I rarely get lost. However, the Garmin was quite handy when I missed my exit and it recalculated the next best route.

What I really love is the feature that lets you find points of interest and places to eat around your location. We were able to find a few beach side parks and a cool Japanese restaurant in Shaker Square up in Cleveland. We travel a lot with Micah's soccer stuff , so it was nice to have that option to show us where to go and what we could do in the big breaks between games.


Tilden drove to the last tournament and followed the Garmin's directions. It only took one time and he was completely hooked! LOL He did feel that it made him "directionally challenged" though, as he no longer paid attention to actual road signs and just blindly followed the Garmin's voice directions. We decided this week to go and buy one ourselves because there was a very good sale at Best Buy. We rarely buy ourselves anything in the "luxury" category like this, so I am pretty ...lamely...excited.


The one thing that irritated me when I borrowed my mom's was the fact that my vehicle on the display was a blue car and I just felt that was so boring. When I registered my Garmin today I noticed a little link for the "garage" and when I clicked on it there were all these FREE downloadable vehicles. It took me a full 45 minutes to figure out how to get them onto my Garmin , but I finally did it and here are some of my choices, just to give myself some variety on my trips. (Plus, it will keep Jake entertained when the vehicle is "cool")




Yes, that is a Christmas bulb and it blinks too. There is even a turkey for Thanksgiving and a ton of Christmas and Halloween choices. Fun fun!

2 comments:

Babs Haake said...

I knew once you started using that you would love it. Dad and I can now relax when we get adventurous and not worry about getting lost or finding a place to eat or shop.

Allison said...

Congratulations!! We just got our new Garmin yesterday. We had to get one for Europe... it's the nuvi 265w and it warns us when there are fixed speeding cameras around! Very cool. I was already directionally challenged so it's my lifeline :)