Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is coming!!


We have been having our usual hints of March springtime..aka "Ohio Spring". We will have a day where the temp. only goes up to 23, but the very next day it hits 65...only to drop to 40 the following day. It's a topsy turvy month at best.

I keep some little kites in the back of my van and when a warm day hits...we hit the skies! LOL Jacob is new to this whole kite flying fun and has been extremely exuberant as he runs across the field with his fish kite following him, clipping the ground with each step. This year I found little nylon kites at Wal-Mart. They are perfect for Jake and don't take up any space in the back of the van either. Micah has a kite shaped like a hawk and it's nearly the exact size of the local hawks in flight too. We were cracking up because his kite attracted a few hawks to the field we were using this last time. I guess they saw competition and had to come check it out. :)
































Micah flew both kits for awhile....it was a fun challenge! LOL

1 comment:

Babs Haake said...

I miss the kites and the fun playing in the fields with the kids. Enjoy it while it lasts. Isn't it nice out today!!! I wouldn't even go to Florida, but I miss Janine and Allie, so I am going anyway.