Friday, June 20, 2008

Cleveland Rainforest











I know...I know...these blogs are out of order, but that's how I think! LOL

If you read the soccer blog about Jake...this is part of that day. In between the 2 games we drove over to the Cleveland Zoo and just went to the Rain forest part. It was a good way to kill time and I had some free tickets. Jacob was so excited to get there and babbled on about it for days on end, but when we actually got to the zoo he was not as interested as we thought he'd be. I guess it's because it was the rain forest and not main zoo where the BIG animals were that he was interested in seeing. He did love the sea otters though and we had to buy him a little stuffed one to take home with us.

Micah had fun searching for every lizard and frog in the displays. We were pretty enthralled with the moss frogs (they looked just like the tree) and the porcupines were having some type of serious controversy when we were in their part of the exhibit. They make a sound that I could never in a million years mimic. It looked as if they were fighting over digging rights in the dirt...who knows? Only a porcupine could tell you what was going on there. LOL

I would have to say that the MOST fun that Jake had at the zoo was the tram ride in the parking lot. He thought that was amazing and didn't want to get off. Considering that parking is free at the zoo...and the tram ride is also free...I think I should just go up there and ride the tram all over the parking lot for an hour. Jake would be in heaven.

I think I'll add this tiny video clip I took with my camera while we were looking at the anteaters. Notice how thrilled Jacob is to be in there and Micah couldn't get past the smell. Those anteaters really stink! LOL Hey, I had fun...does that count?

No comments: