Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wonders never cease

The miracle of modern living has morphed me into a blogger. I have no idea who will bother to read my blogs...or if they will get past my own view screen.

You might wonder why I decided to call my blog, "at the well". It's pretty interesting...I swear! I was thinking of a name that would best describe my life. It's very humbling when you have to suddenly "name" your thoughts in some random PC universe.
I was discussing the woman at the well with my friend Tia a few months ago. We were talking about about how Jesus sat down and waited for her and how empowering it is to think that through. That He is sitting...in the midst of your life's scurrying activities and "waiting" for you. I absorbed that conversation for a few days and it kept popping back into my mind ...God kept showing me things that related to that story.
I am a mom to 4 wonderful kids. I am busy volunteering and working in the worlds that they are currently involved. I am so used to working side by side with the "world". It didn't occur to me that I was "at the well" for those people until I started doing something within my church. These questions came up, "how do we reach our neighbor?", " have you been trained to lead others to Christ?", " How can we teach our kids to reach out?". God leaned over and whispered in my ear, "just go to the well". I AM at the well. I'm right where He wants me. I'm spreading his JOY right here at the well. How cool is that?
He waits for us....and He sends us to others. It's all about that well.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love the name :)

I think some of the most amazing things happen when you're sitting and listening. God brings people to us (meaning Josh and I) all the time, and blesses us for how we handle those times.